Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 75 of 75
  1. #61

  2. #62
    FINGERS!!!!!!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    739
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DT_Mania View Post
    Maybe just search a meal-plan for 3500cal and have a look......something is not correct there IMO.
    Why what is not correct?
    The brave may not live forever but the cautious never live at all.

  3. #63
    NotSoDangerous, Dave!
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,638
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wacker does your polar have an enduro or MX setting? Or what are you logging it as?

    Chances are it is seeing that you are getting your body up to stupidly fast speeds and thus you are burning more energy. The same way TMans rides on a motorbike are logged as cycles, you know how much energy it takes to cycle at 80kmh when it is not downhill? That is what is skewing those results, gps data with pace and acceleration is skewing it and reckons you are putting out more watts than Lance's doctors could dream of.

    To burn calories at that rate when you heart is just barely idling is impossible. Note in that extreme category of cal/hour the running is stated at 10mph+, that is an 18min Parkrun or a 2h37min Marathon, even good runners will be 170bpm+at that speed, unless you are a Kipoche type runner your heartrate will not be 140bpm and burning that much energy.
    It never gets any easier, you just go faster...

  4. #64
    Senior Member Bush Wacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,845
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DangerDave View Post
    Wacker does your polar have an enduro or MX setting? Or what are you logging it as?

    Chances are it is seeing that you are getting your body up to stupidly fast speeds and thus you are burning more energy. The same way TMans rides on a motorbike are logged as cycles, you know how much energy it takes to cycle at 80kmh when it is not downhill? That is what is skewing those results, gps data with pace and acceleration is skewing it and reckons you are putting out more watts than Lance's doctors could dream of.

    To burn calories at that rate when you heart is just barely idling is impossible. Note in that extreme category of cal/hour the running is stated at 10mph+, that is an 18min Parkrun or a 2h37min Marathon, even good runners will be 170bpm+at that speed, unless you are a Kipoche type runner your heartrate will not be 140bpm and burning that much energy.
    I log it as "other". It probably just used heart rate vs duration to give you those figures, much like the below calculator. Gives almost identical stats to my Polar.

    http://www.calories-calculator.net/C...eart_Rate.html


    "The calories burning have some association with heart rate. After large amount of research and investigation, the Journal of Sports Sciences developed a formula to count for calories burned during exercises. This calories burned by heart rate calculator is used to calculate calorie expenditure, and have different version for men and women. Besides weight, age and durations, we need Heart Rate during exercises."

  5. #65
    Senior Member DT_Mania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4,117
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Real Name
    Jurie Prinsloo
    Quote Originally Posted by FSU!!! View Post
    Why what is not correct?
    Read @DangerDave reply above. If you put that down to running, you would have to run at a constant 8km/h for 6 hours straight to burn those kind of calories and your average HR would be above 140bpm.
    People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day. And doing nothing often leads to the very best kind of something.

  6. #66
    Happily Married Tman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Woes Rand Pappie
    Posts
    9,527
    Mentioned
    608 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DT_Mania View Post
    I hear you and I agree, still........

    Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk
    Hy vokken roei terwyl hy bike ry. . . .
    #Tman21 #Enduro-Tech #Thankgoodnessracing #2Strokes #XCQwerty-F

    More often than not, contraceptives are one generation late. . .

  7. #67
    FINGERS!!!!!!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    739
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DT_Mania View Post
    Read @DangerDave reply above. If you put that down to running, you would have to run at a constant 8km/h for 6 hours straight to burn those kind of calories and your average HR would be above 140bpm.
    MMkay but he is not running so what is your point? whats the problem?? Please explain in your own words.

    You are talking about a physical effort that ranges from HIIT to steady state cardio all in one session and now comparing it with just steady state type cardio to get the same results??
    The brave may not live forever but the cautious never live at all.

  8. #68
    Senior Member DT_Mania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4,117
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Real Name
    Jurie Prinsloo
    Quote Originally Posted by FSU!!! View Post
    MMkay but he is not running so what is your point? whats the problem?? Please explain in your own words.

    You are talking about a physical effort that ranges from HIIT to steady state cardio all in one session and now comparing it with just steady state type cardio to get the same results??
    I'm not comparing it to anything. I'm saying that the results may not be accurate as it seems to me to be exaggerated. He has replied to DD's post and seeing as he is logging it as "other", talking about the accuracy is a moot point in anyway.
    People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day. And doing nothing often leads to the very best kind of something.

  9. #69
    FINGERS!!!!!!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    739
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This seems like a comparison to me: "If you put that down to running, you would have to run at a constant 8km/h for 6 hours straight to burn those kind of calories and your average HR would be above 140bpm."

    Anyways its not too exaggerated if you take in how physically demanding riding can be. Off a 30 minutes sprint interval session you can burn between 400 and 500 calories depending on the person.
    The brave may not live forever but the cautious never live at all.

  10. #70
    Happily Married Tman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Woes Rand Pappie
    Posts
    9,527
    Mentioned
    608 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FSU!!! View Post
    This seems like a comparison to me: "If you put that down to running, you would have to run at a constant 8km/h for 6 hours straight to burn those kind of calories and your average HR would be above 140bpm."

    Anyways its not too exaggerated if you take in how physically demanding riding can be. Off a 30 minutes sprint interval session you can burn between 400 and 500 calories depending on the person.
    Calm down Bonsmara! no x-fitters here so you can relax!
    #Tman21 #Enduro-Tech #Thankgoodnessracing #2Strokes #XCQwerty-F

    More often than not, contraceptives are one generation late. . .

  11. #71
    NotSoDangerous, Dave!
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,638
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Motocross at the top top burning the highest amount of calories- not enduro

    Note in the second article the heartrates are averaging 180bpm. No fucking way are you burning similar energy for 4 hours straight with a HR of 140(40 below a professionally trained athlete) when the top super fit SX athletes are maxing out hard to burn that much for a moto.

    The fist article has minimal scientific backing and still say 750 cal for a 35min moto. Still no way you are riding at that intensity for 4 hours at a much much lower heartrate.
    It never gets any easier, you just go faster...

  12. #72
    Happily Married Tman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Woes Rand Pappie
    Posts
    9,527
    Mentioned
    608 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To compare an apple with a snoek here.

    But this was a lazyAF session cos I overslept But I can easily smash 900cal in an hour and when weighing 94kg I can hit up to 1050cal in an hour for stationary indoor spinning.

    Now add 100KG bike that tries to kill you permanently and wrestling it up mountains. As dave said, my stuff shows cycling which I didnt pay attention to as I use "Enduro outdoor" setting.

    Both these events my ave BPM was 144.

    So here is the spin sesh with a low BPM and I made almost 800 calories:




    And here is last sundays ride where I burnt only 2000 calories in almost 4hrs:

    #Tman21 #Enduro-Tech #Thankgoodnessracing #2Strokes #XCQwerty-F

    More often than not, contraceptives are one generation late. . .

  13. #73
    Happily Married Tman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Woes Rand Pappie
    Posts
    9,527
    Mentioned
    608 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So in support of the BPM vs Duration calculation I think its more accurate for Enduro Riding as there is no way that at the same BPM indoor will burn more than outdoor?
    #Tman21 #Enduro-Tech #Thankgoodnessracing #2Strokes #XCQwerty-F

    More often than not, contraceptives are one generation late. . .

  14. #74
    NotSoDangerous, Dave!
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,638
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tman21 View Post
    So in support of the BPM vs Duration calculation I think its more accurate for Enduro Riding as there is no way that at the same BPM indoor will burn more than outdoor?
    In cycling terms your FTP drops if you do the test indoors vs outdoors.

    Ie the amounts of watts you can push constantly for an hour is lower when cycling indoors on a trainer or outdoors on a road.

    https://blog.trainerroad.com/ftp-tes...rs-vs-indoors/
    It never gets any easier, you just go faster...

  15. #75
    Senior Member Bush Wacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,845
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DangerDave View Post
    Motocross at the top top burning the highest amount of calories- not enduro

    Note in the second article the heartrates are averaging 180bpm. No fucking way are you burning similar energy for 4 hours straight with a HR of 140(40 below a professionally trained athlete) when the top super fit SX athletes are maxing out hard to burn that much for a moto.

    The fist article has minimal scientific backing and still say 750 cal for a 35min moto. Still no way you are riding at that intensity for 4 hours at a much much lower heartrate.
    I'm 40bpm lower, for 4 hours 15min sustained, burning nearly half that at 820cal an hour..
    Last edited by Bush Wacker; 14th January 2019 at 02:37 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Site Sponsors
Endurotech

 Bravery Extreme Clothing
/>
OSET Bikes SA