PDA

View Full Version : Brand new Hi spec MTB

scotty606
20th May 2015, 04:54 AM
If anyone is interested, can get old model, but new cannondale scalpels. Only larges & only 26" wheels. These are full carbon bikes.

Bike will be delivered to your nearest cycle shop, assembled there & you still get your normal warranty.

Scalpel 3 was R40 000, can get for R19 000.
Scalpel 1 was R65 000 , can get for R32 000.

Only two of each left. Deal won't come around again.

scotty606
20th May 2015, 05:00 AM

Scalpel 3

scotty606
20th May 2015, 05:05 AM

Scalpel 1

Naughty Ian
20th May 2015, 06:57 AM
I know my eyes are bad, but did they install the motor in the frame tubes somehow ? :icon_e_wink:

Mark250GP
20th May 2015, 06:59 AM
Not only that, one of the forks is missing.

Bargain_Hunter
20th May 2015, 08:20 AM
Does it come in orange and with happy button...

Bargain_Hunter
20th May 2015, 08:24 AM
I see it are missing some footpegs too..

On a serious note, I sent the info to a MTB'ing group of buddies in Durbs. Will let you know if they are keen.

shabsta
20th May 2015, 10:21 AM
If it don't have have a 2T moto and 2 wheels then it's gay

red_eye_righley
20th May 2015, 10:28 AM

Get yourself a MTB - if you're keen you will learn to enjoy it a plenty, it's flipping fun and has its place. Also great training for riding your motorised version. Go for a ride with some okes that know what they're doing and tell us afterwards if you think it's gay.

LIVE2RIDE
20th May 2015, 10:37 AM
Get yourself a MTB - if you're keen you will learn to enjoy it a plenty, it's flipping fun and has its place. Also great training for riding your motorised version. Go for a ride with some okes that know what they're doing and tell us afterwards if you think it's gay.

The problem is it only becomes fun once you are "MTB riding fit" - it is a very specific fitness but once you are fit it really is a lekker sport which has helped my enduro riding. A good few of our enduro riding group now ride MTB's and we love it!

red_eye_righley
20th May 2015, 10:39 AM
The problem is it only becomes fun once you are "MTB riding fit" - it is a very specific fitness but once you are fit it really is a lekker sport which has helped my enduro riding. A good few of our enduro riding group now ride MTB's and we love it!

Agreed - but the same applies to riding an enduro bike IMO.
We also have shite riding for that here in KZN don't we L2R.....

swazi_matt
20th May 2015, 10:49 AM

how is pulling on some lycras and strapping a cooler-box lid to your pip and riding the same terrain you ride in full kit, often at similar speeds gay?

PS the above is why i am no longer a fan of MTB, and possibly neither is adrian baks brother.

LIVE2RIDE
20th May 2015, 10:52 AM
Absolutely - we ride on a Wednesday afternoon from Oscar's in Hillcrest and then again on Saturday or Sunday morning, depending on when we are riding motorbikes. Brilliant riding out in the Hillcrest/Shongweni and Giba Gorge areas.

red_eye_righley
20th May 2015, 11:46 AM
Absolutely - we ride on a Wednesday afternoon from Oscar's in Hillcrest and then again on Saturday or Sunday morning, depending on when we are riding motorbikes. Brilliant riding out in the Hillcrest/Shongweni and Giba Gorge areas.

Awesome. I'm still getting into it, ride to work quite often - obviously not the same. I also do the odd trail with mates, Giba and also Hola. Enjoying it, but time is still an issue.

Naughty Ian
21st May 2015, 09:48 AM
Awesome. I'm still getting into it, ride to work quite often - obviously not the same. I also do the odd trail with mates, Giba and also Hola. Enjoying it, but time is still an issue.
The price of petrol up here is not that expensive, we use cars to work

ozosborne
21st May 2015, 09:49 AM
That is a damn good price!!!!

red_eye_righley
21st May 2015, 12:09 PM

I don't really save much doing it as my metabolism goes up and I need to maintain my belly

Mark250GP
21st May 2015, 12:16 PM

How do you know? Who did you ask?

Herminator
21st May 2015, 12:27 PM
Do you also shave your legs for Mountain Bikeing?

red_eye_righley
21st May 2015, 12:30 PM
Do you also shave your legs for Mountain Bikeing?

I'm still getting into this lot so not really sure. You notice some okes might have at the riding spots, but maybe because they also do road biking or whatever else.

I wear baggies and don't shave my legs, same as when I surfed :icon_cool:

DangerDave
21st May 2015, 12:33 PM
lets be real, 90% of the people shaving legs, do it for looks...
unless you taping up knees, or getting massages regularly or competing at the very top level cycling you have no need to shave them.

Herminator
21st May 2015, 12:46 PM
Does shaving help for Enduro?

red_eye_righley
21st May 2015, 12:50 PM

Try it and let me know. Just remember to buy a razor from a crowd who isn't bankrupt. :icon_lol:

Herminator
21st May 2015, 12:54 PM
Try it and let me know. Just remember to buy a razor from a crowd who isn't bankrupt. :icon_lol:

Hey!, Leave my Limited Edition Gas Gas out of this :icon_cry:

Super_mil
21st May 2015, 01:32 PM
Also, you don't have to be a budgie smuggler to ride a bike.
FEST series 2015 - Aggy's reunion - POV - YouTube (http://youtu.be/ZyJkt7tjTCo)

That said you also don't have to be completely nuts like the guys above.
There is a cool relatively new format of racing that has taken the MTB world by storm, sadly also called Enduro. The Enduro race format is great in that the ups/liasons are not timed and only the down runs are timed and you can really compete on any bike. Races are normally in the 20 - 30km mark comprising of 3 or 4 racing stages, totaling about 20mins of racing time (2 - 3hr total time on the bike). It is gaining popularity in SA with KZN & the WC having fairly regular events.
This was from the KZN-MTB Karkloof event earlier in the year.

NMI DSM KZN MTB Series Karkloof - YouTube (http://youtu.be/N-q5Kp1A6oU)

Anyway, the point of this post is that you can wear pants, not shave your vagina and still ride a MTB :thumbs up:

BlankieMan
21st May 2015, 01:42 PM

UM NO ... i shaved my back and it didnt help 1 bit

adamktm
21st May 2015, 03:31 PM
UM NO ... i shaved my back and it didnt help 1 bit

That's cos it grew back before you got your kit on :icon_lol:

red_eye_righley
21st May 2015, 03:44 PM
:icon_lol:

Bargain_Hunter
21st May 2015, 11:28 PM
:icon_lol:

Looks like Blankie and Ian in Scott's pool in winter...